Providers of children’s social care must notify Ofsted of any events or incidents. In urgent situations – particularly if there is a lot of interest from the press – call Ofsted first on 0300 123 1231.
There’s a separate notification form for local authorities.
Use the online form if you are a:
- voluntary adoption agency
- adoption support agency
- independent fostering agency
- children’s home or secure children’s home
- residential family centre
If you can’t use the online form you can use the printable form. You will need your URN (Unique Reference Number) and full postal address.
Residential holiday schemes and local authorities
For residential holiday schemes for disabled children, download the PDF form and post this to Ofsted.
Local authorities should fill in the serious childcare incident form for local authorities.
Posting your form
Sign the form and post it to Ofsted at:
Read the relevant legislation to find out what incidents you need to tell us about.
Last updated 9 August 2019 + show all updates
- An update to the guidance for providers of children’s homes, on notifications of a serious incident. More detail included on the types of incident we would expect providers to share, specifically in relation to police being called and children’s medical care.
- Added guidance for children’s homes on when to notify Ofsted about a serious incident.
- Published today: form for residential holiday schemes for disabled children.
- Published today: forms for children’s homes and secure children’s homes for use from 1 April 2015.
- First published.